“Harry Potter: The Exhibition Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”)
2009 OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 168, Burbank, CA 91522 (“Sponsor”) “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Sponsor, its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is (1) open to legal residents in the contiguous 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older and have Internet access; (2) void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Entrants who are not of the age of majority in their state must have their parents’ or guardians’ consent to participate in the Sweepstakes. Employees of Time Warner, Inc., Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc., Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Warner Home Video, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 6:00:01 p.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on February 23, 2009, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on March 23, 2009 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter this Sweepstakes, please visit http://www.harrypotter.com/wishlist and you will be prompted to enter your email address and date of birth then click on the "Submit" button (collectively an “Entry” or “Entries”). Only one Entry per email address or household per natural person is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period as determined by the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 1, 2009, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (“Potential Winners”). Entrants need not be present to win. Each Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail using the email address provided in the Sweepstakes Entry ("Prize Notification") and the Potential Winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if Potential Winner is an eligible minor) must respond by e-mail within seven (7) calendar days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), with Potential Winner’s full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"), where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If the Potential Winner does not respond to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, the Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Once Sponsor receives the Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to the Potential Winner via overnight mail. The Potential Winner (or, in the event that he/she is an eligible minor, the Potential Winner’s parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents postmarked within seven (7) calendar days of the date of receipt of the Sweepstakes Documents, or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Potential Winner selected. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of Potential Winners’ to receive the Prize Notification or for Sponsor to receive Potential Winners' response and/or Sweepstakes Documents. Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable or inability of Sponsor to contact Potential Winners or failure of Potential Winners to contact Sponsor in a timely manner, or if Potential Winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected randomly from all remaining eligible entries.
Grand Prize:One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected. The Grand Prize Winner along with three (3) Guests will receive a trip to Chicago, Illinois (the “Trip”) and four tickets to visit The Harry Potter Exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry. Trip is scheduled to take place on or around April 29, 2009 and includes: (2) standard double occupancy (two persons, one room) hotel accommodations for three (3) days/ two (2) nights in a hotel in Chicago near the Museum of Science and Industry (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and round-trip coach air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and three (3) Guests from the major airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence including ground transportation to and from the airport, or ground transportation from Grand Prize Winner’s residence if Grand Prize Winner resides in Chicago, Illinois (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) for the Grand Prize is: $3,000).
Total ARV of all Prizes is $3,000
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the prizes (the “Prize(s)”) will be determined at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability. Selected Entrant not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Prize is non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Prize are awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the prizes are at the Winners’ sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of the Prize Winner. Any specifics of the Prize will be awarded by email and/or U.S. Mail, in Sponsor’s and/or its prize suppliers’ sole discretion, using the information provided in the Sweepstakes Entry.
The Grand Prize Winner must complete and timely return (or have their parent or legal guardian complete and return if an eligible minor) the Sweepstakes Documents in order to receive the Grand Prize. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her a minor, the Grand Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents on his/her behalf, and one of the Grand Prize Winner’s Guests must be the Grand Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner’s Guests must also sign and return a set of Sweepstakes Documents in order to accompany Grand Prize Winner on the Trip. Grand Prize Winner’s Guests must either be over the age of majority as defined in Guest’s state of residence in order to accompany Grand Prize Winner, or in the event that any of the Grand Prize Winner’s Guests resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her under the age of majority then (1) the Grand Prize Winner must be the Grand Prize Winner Guest’s parent or legal guardian, (2) another Guest must be that minor’s parent or legal guardian, or (3) in the event that the other eligible Guests have been confirmed, the parent or legal guardian of the Guest that is a minor must accompany Guest at his/her expense. Any Guests parent or legal guardian must also sign and return a set of Sweepstakes Documents in order to accompany his/her child on the Trip.
If the Harry Potter Exhibition event is unavailable or cancelled for any reason the Trip will not be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
Travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. All travel arrangements will be made solely by Sponsor with a provider of Sponsor’s and/or its prize suppliers choice, and will be subject to the terms and conditions of such provider. Actual value of travel prizes may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Prize may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s) and/or gift card(s) in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once airline tickets, hotel reservations and/or other reservations have been issued, they shall not be changed, re-sold, endorsed, exchanged, transferred or in any other manner modified by Grand Prize Winner. All dates and arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s Guests must be able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor or the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected. Grand Prize Winner and Guests must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time. Grand Prize Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents, including but not limited to: photo identification, valid passports or appropriate proof of citizenship for travel. Sponsor is not responsible for program, flight or other travel cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prize items. Grand Prize Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers have or will obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to participate in or accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner. Any and all activities related to the prize, including without limitation flying, are at the Winners’ and his/her Guests own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
8. TAXES ANDCOSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes and fees and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the Winners. All expenses and incidentals and other applicable taxes or charges not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and the Guests, including but not limited to: ground transportation, purchases, meals, beverages, souvenirs, service fees, medical services, personal expenses, telephone calls, immigration fees and insurance. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
11. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
12. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
14. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Harry Potter: The Exhibition Sweepstakes”, Winner's List/Official Rules, c/o Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 168, Burbank, CA 91522, to be received no later than April 30, 2009.
© 2009 Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services
™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR.
HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR.
Various third parties are the manufacturers of prizes but are not co-sponsors of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any other way. All other trademarks and trade names mentioned herein are the trademarks and trade names of their respective owners and are used herein for identification purposes only.